Sunday, January 1, 2017

New year, new blog

Like many of us, 2016 was pretty rough for me overall. But something that consistently brought me happiness during the tough times was cooking. Spending hours in my kitchen was always a welcome distraction. Cooking helped me feel like I accomplished something, even on the days where I spent most hours in my PJs, curled up in a ball watching Netflix. Inspired by the Great British Bakeoff, baking with my closest friends became one of my favorite activities. And sharing my food with others came to feel like a small but meaningful expression of my love and gratitude.

So as I kick off 2017, I've decided to start a blog dedicated to my culinary adventures. I'm hoping this blog will help me become a better cook and baker, encourage me to cook more often, and eat healthier. Mission:Kitchen will mostly be a simple chronicle of the recipes I make. Most of my recipes come from the dozens of cookbooks I've collected over the years. I'm excited to document the old favorites that I turn to again and again, and the experiments that may or may not turn out so great. In general I eat everything, though I try to cook "healthy" food for the most part. I'm especially into baking, and I love to try out recipes with less sugar and whole grains since that kind of thing is hard to find.

I have no idea how often I'll post or how long I'll keep it up, but I figured I might as well get started and see where it takes me.

Here's to a happy, healthy and delicious 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment